Aliases for GABARAPL1 Gene
- GABA Type A Receptor Associated Protein Like 1 2 3 5
- GABA(A) Receptor-Associated Protein-Like 1 3 4
- Glandular Epithelial Cell Protein 1 3 4
- Early Estrogen-Regulated Protein 3 4
- GEC-1 3 4
- GEC1 3 4
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Receptor-Associated Protein-Like 1 3
- GABA(A) Receptor-Associated Protein Like 1 2
External Ids for GABARAPL1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GABARAPL1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GABARAPL1 Gene
GABARAPL1 (GABA Type A Receptor Associated Protein Like 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with GABARAPL1 include Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Type 14. Among its related pathways are Circadian entrainment and Toll-Like receptor Signaling Pathways. GO annotations related to this gene include microtubule binding and GABA receptor binding. An important paralog of this gene is GABARAP.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GABARAPL1 Gene
Ubiquitin-like modifier that increases cell-surface expression of kappa-type opioid receptor through facilitating anterograde intracellular trafficking of the receptor. Involved in formation of autophagosomal vacuoles. Whereas LC3s are involved in elongation of the phagophore membrane, the GABARAP/GATE-16 subfamily is essential for a later stage in autophagosome maturation.