Aliases for FTSJ2 Gene
- FtsJ RNA Methyltransferase Homolog 2 (E. Coli) 2 3
- FJH1 3 4 6
- 16S RRNA (Uridine(1369)-2-O)-Methyltransferase 3 4
- 16S RRNA [Um1369] 2-O-Methyltransferase 3 4
- RRNA (Uridine-2-O-)-Methyltransferase 2 3
- Protein FtsJ Homolog 2 3 4
- MRM2 3 4
- MRM2 RNA Methyltransferase Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Putative Ribosomal RNA Methyltransferase 2 3
External Ids for FTSJ2 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the S-adenosylmethionine-binding protein family. It is a nucleolar protein and it may be involved in the processing and modification of rRNA. This gene has been suggested to be involved in cell cycle control and DNA repair. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for FTSJ2 Gene
FTSJ2 (FtsJ RNA Methyltransferase Homolog 2 (E. Coli)) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with FTSJ2 include multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. GO annotations related to this gene include rRNA (uridine-2-O-)-methyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for FTSJ2 Gene
S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent 2-O-ribose methyltransferase that catalyzes the formation of 2-O-methyluridine at position 1369 (Um1369) in the 16S mitochondrial large subunit ribosomal RNA (mtLSU rRNA), a universally conserved modification in the peptidyl transferase domain of the mtLSU rRNA.