Aliases for FCGRT Gene
- Fc Fragment Of IgG Receptor And Transporter 2 3
- Fc Fragment Of IgG, Receptor, Transporter, Alpha 2 3 5
- Heavy Chain Of The Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I-Like Fc Receptor 2 3
- Transmembrane Alpha Chain Of The Neonatal Receptor 2 3
- IgG Fc Fragment Receptor Transporter Alpha Chain 3 4
- Neonatal Fc Receptor 3 4
- FCRN 3 4
External Ids for FCGRT Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for FCGRT Gene
This gene encodes a receptor that binds the Fc region of monomeric immunoglobulin G. The encoded protein transfers immunoglobulin G antibodies from mother to fetus across the placenta. This protein also binds immunoglobulin G to protect the antibody from degradation. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2009]
GeneCards Summary for FCGRT Gene
FCGRT (Fc Fragment Of IgG Receptor And Transporter) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with FCGRT include Hypoproteinemia, Hypercatabolic and Immunoglobulin G Deficiency. GO annotations related to this gene include antigen binding and beta-2-microglobulin binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for FCGRT Gene
Binds to the Fc region of monomeric immunoglobulins gamma. Mediates the uptake of IgG from milk. Possible role in transfer of immunoglobulin G from mother to fetus.