Aliases for FAM208A Gene
- Family With Sequence Similarity 208 Member A 2 3 5
- Retinoblastoma-Associated Protein RAP140 3 4
- Transgene Activation Suppressor Protein 3 4
- CTCL Tumor Antigen Se89-1 3 4
- C3orf63 3 4
- Family With Sequence Similarity 208, Member A 2
- Retinoblastoma-Associated Protein 140 3
- Chromosome 3 Open Reading Frame 63 2
External Ids for FAM208A Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for FAM208A Gene
GeneCards Summary for FAM208A Gene
FAM208A (Family With Sequence Similarity 208 Member A) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is FAM208B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for FAM208A Gene
Component of the HUSH complex, a multiprotein complex that mediates epigenetic repression. The HUSH complex is recruited to genomic loci rich in H3K9me3 and is probably required to maintain transcriptional silencing by promoting recruitment of SETDB1, a histone methyltransferase that mediates further deposition of H3K9me3.