Aliases for ERVK-5 Gene
- Endogenous Retrovirus Group K Member 5 2 3
- HERV-K_3q12.3 Provirus Ancestral Env Polyprotein 3 4
- Endogenous Retroviral Sequence K (G2), 5 2 3
- HERV-K(II) Envelope Protein 3 4
- Envelope Polyprotein 3 4
- ERVK5 3 4
- Endogenous Retrovirus Group K Member 5 Env Polyprotein 3
- HERV-K_3q12.3 Provirus Ancestral Gag Polyprotein 4
- Endogenous Retrovirus Group K, Member 5 2
External Ids for ERVK-5 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ERVK-5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ERVK-5 Gene
ERVK-5 (Endogenous Retrovirus Group K Member 5) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and structural molecule activity.
Retroviral envelope proteins mediate receptor recognition and membrane fusion during early infection. Endogenous envelope proteins may have kept, lost or modified their original function during evolution.
The products of the Gag polyproteins of infectious retroviruses perform highly complex orchestrated tasks during the assembly, budding, maturation, and infection stages of the viral replication cycle. During viral assembly, the proteins form membrane associations and self-associations that ultimately result in budding of an immature virion from the infected cell. Gag precursors also function during viral assembly to selectively bind and package two plus strands of genomic RNA. Endogenous Gag proteins may have kept, lost or modified their original function during evolution.
May possess a function in tumorigenesis.