Aliases for ERLIN1 Gene
- ER Lipid Raft Associated 1 2 3 5
- Band_7 23-211 Keo4 (Interim) Similar To C.Elegans Protein C42C1.9 2 3
- Stomatin-Prohibitin-Flotillin-HflC/K Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Lipid Raft-Associated Protein 1 3 4
- SPFH Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- SPFH Domain Family, Member 1 2 3
- C10orf69 3 4
- SPFH1 3 4
External Ids for ERLIN1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ERLIN1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ERLIN1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ERLIN1 Gene
ERLIN1 (ER Lipid Raft Associated 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ERLIN1 include autosomal recessive spastic paraplegia type 62 and interstitial lung and liver disease. An important paralog of this gene is ERLIN2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ERLIN1 Gene
Component of the ERLIN1/ERLIN2 complex which mediates the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD) of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors (IP3Rs). Involved in regulation of cellular cholesterol homeostasis by regulation the SREBP signaling pathway. Binds cholesterol and may promote ER retention of the SCAP-SREBF complex (PubMed:24217618).