Aliases for ENPP3 Gene
- Ectonucleotide Pyrophosphatase/Phosphodiesterase 3 2 3
- PDNP3 3 4 6
- Phosphodiesterase I/Nucleotide Pyrophosphatase 3 3 4
- PD-IBETA 3 4
- Ectonucleotide Pyrophosphatase/Phosphodiesterase Family Member 3 3
- DJ1005H11.3 (Phosphodiesterase I/Nucleotide Pyrophosphatase 3) 3
- DJ914N13.3 (Phosphodiesterase I/Nucleotide Pyrophosphatase 3) 3
- Phosphodiesterase-I Beta 3
External Ids for ENPP3 Gene
Previous Symbols for ENPP3 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to a series of ectoenzymes that are involved in hydrolysis of extracellular nucleotides. These ectoenzymes possess ATPase and ATP pyrophosphatase activities and are type II transmembrane proteins. Expression of the related rat mRNA has been found in a subset of immature glial cells and in the alimentary tract. The corresponding rat protein has been detected in the pancreas, small intestine, colon, and liver. The human mRNA is expressed in glioma cells, prostate, and uterus. Expression of the human protein has been detected in uterus, basophils, and mast cells. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for ENPP3 Gene
ENPP3 (Ectonucleotide Pyrophosphatase/Phosphodiesterase 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ENPP3 include sm-ahnmd and bile duct disease. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Nicotinate and nicotinamide metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and polysaccharide binding. An important paralog of this gene is ENPP1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ENPP3 Gene
Cleaves a variety of phosphodiester and phosphosulfate bonds including deoxynucleotides, nucleotide sugars, and NAD.