Aliases for EME2 Gene
- Essential Meiotic Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit 2 2 3 5
- SLX2 Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit Homolog B (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- SLX2 Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit Homolog B 3
- Essential Meiotic Endonuclease 1 Homolog 2 (S. Pombe) 2
- Probable Crossover Junction Endonuclease EME2 3
- Essential Meiotic Endonuclease 1 Homolog 2 3
External Ids for EME2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EME2 Gene
EME2 forms a heterodimer with MUS81 (MIM 606591) that functions as an XPF (MIM 278760)-type flap/fork endonuclease in DNA repair (Ciccia et al., 2007 [PubMed 17289582]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for EME2 Gene
EME2 (Essential Meiotic Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are DNA Double-Strand Break Repair and Resolution of D-loop Structures through Synthesis-Dependent Strand Annealing (SDSA). GO annotations related to this gene include endonuclease activity and nuclease activity. An important paralog of this gene is EME1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for EME2 Gene
Interacts with MUS81 to form a DNA structure-specific endonuclease which cleaves substrates such as 3-flap structures.