Aliases for ELOA3B Gene
- Elongin A3 Family Member B 2 3 5
- RNA Polymerase II Transcription Factor SIII Subunit A3-Like-1 3 4
- Transcription Elongation Factor B Polypeptide 3C-Like-1 3 4
- Transcription Elongation Factor B Subunit 3C Like 2 3
- EloA3-Like-1 3 4
- TCEB3CL 3 4
- Transcription Elongation Factor B Polypeptide 3C-Like 2
- Elongin-A3 Member B 3
External Ids for ELOA3B Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ELOA3B Gene
GeneCards Summary for ELOA3B Gene
ELOA3B (Elongin A3 Family Member B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Formation of HIV elongation complex in the absence of HIV Tat and HIV Life Cycle. An important paralog of this gene is ELOA3D.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ELOA3B Gene
SIII, also known as elongin, is a general transcription elongation factor that increases the RNA polymerase II transcription elongation past template-encoded arresting sites. Subunit A is transcriptionally active and its transcription activity is strongly enhanced by binding to the dimeric complex of the SIII regulatory subunits B and C (elongin BC complex).