Aliases for ELFN1 Gene
- Extracellular Leucine-Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type III Domain Containing 1 2 3
- Extracellular Leucine-Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type-III Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Extracellular Leucine-Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type III Containing 1 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 28 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 28 3 4
- PPP1R28 3 4
External Ids for ELFN1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ELFN1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ELFN1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ELFN1 Gene
ELFN1 (Extracellular Leucine-Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type III Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include phosphatase binding and protein phosphatase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is ELFN2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ELFN1 Gene
Postsynaptic protein that regulates circuit dynamics in the central nervous system by modulating the temporal dynamics of interneuron recruitment. Specifically present in excitatory synapses onto oriens-lacunosum molecular (OLM) interneurons and acts as a regulator of presynaptic release probability to direct the formation of highly facilitating pyramidal-OLM synapses (By similarity). Inhibits phosphatase activity of protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) complexes.