Aliases for ELAVL2 Gene
- ELAV Like RNA Binding Protein 2 2 3 5
- ELAV (Embryonic Lethal, Abnormal Vision, Drosophila)-Like 2 (Hu Antigen B) 2 3
- Nervous System-Specific RNA-Binding Protein Hel-N1 3 4
- ELAV Like Neuron-Specific RNA Binding Protein 2 2 3
- Hu-Antigen B 3 4
- HUB 3 4
- ELAV (Embryonic Lethal, Abnormal Vision, Drosophila)-Like 2 2
External Ids for ELAVL2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ELAVL2 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a neural-specific RNA-binding protein that is known to bind to several 3' UTRs, including its own and also that of FOS and ID. The encoded protein may recognize a GAAA motif in the RNA. Three transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2010]
GeneCards Summary for ELAVL2 Gene
ELAVL2 (ELAV Like RNA Binding Protein 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ELAVL2 include Contagious Pustular Dermatitis. Among its related pathways are mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is ELAVL4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ELAVL2 Gene
Binds RNA. Seems to recognize a GAAA motif. Can bind to its own 3-UTR, the FOS 3-UTR and the ID 3-UTR.