Aliases for EIF2B4 Gene
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B Subunit Delta 2 3 5
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B, Subunit 4 Delta, 67kDa 2 3
- EIF-2B GDP-GTP Exchange Factor Subunit Delta 3 4
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B, Subunit 4 (Delta, 67kD) 2
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B Subunit 4 Delta 3
- Translation Initiation Factor EIF-2B Subunit Delta 3
External Ids for EIF2B4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EIF2B4 Gene
Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (EIF2B), which is necessary for protein synthesis, is a GTP exchange factor composed of five different subunits. The protein encoded by this gene is the fourth, or delta, subunit. Defects in this gene are a cause of leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter (VWM) and ovarioleukodystrophy. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for EIF2B4 Gene
EIF2B4 (Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B Subunit Delta) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with EIF2B4 include Leukoencephalopathy With Vanishing White Matter and Eif2b4-Related Childhood Ataxia With Central Nervous System Hypomyelination/Vanishing White Matter. Among its related pathways are NFAT and Cardiac Hypertrophy and Translation Insulin regulation of translation. GO annotations related to this gene include guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity and translation initiation factor binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for EIF2B4 Gene
Catalyzes the exchange of eukaryotic initiation factor 2-bound GDP for GTP.