Aliases for EEFSEC Gene
- Eukaryotic Elongation Factor, Selenocysteine-TRNA Specific 2 3 5
- Selenocysteine (Sec)-Specific Eukaryotic Elongation Factor 2 3
- Eukaryotic Elongation Factor, Selenocysteine-TRNA-Specific 3 4
- Elongation Factor For Selenoprotein Translation 2 3
- Elongation Factor Sec 3 4
- SELB 3 4
- Selenocysteine-Specific Elongation Factor 3
- EFSEC 3
External Ids for EEFSEC Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EEFSEC Gene
GeneCards Summary for EEFSEC Gene
EEFSEC (Eukaryotic Elongation Factor, Selenocysteine-TRNA Specific) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Viral mRNA Translation and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include GTP binding and tRNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is MIR4721.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for EEFSEC Gene
Translation factor necessary for the incorporation of selenocysteine into proteins. It probably replaces EF-Tu for the insertion of selenocysteine directed by the UGA codon. SelB binds GTP and GDP.