Aliases for DPM3 Gene
- Dolichyl-Phosphate Mannosyltransferase Subunit 3 2 3
- Dolichyl-Phosphate Mannosyltransferase Polypeptide 3 2 3 5
- Dolichyl-Phosphate Beta-D-Mannosyltransferase Subunit 3 3 4
- Dolichol-Phosphate Mannose Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
- Mannose-P-Dolichol Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
- DPM Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
- MPD Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
External Ids for DPM3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DPM3 Gene
Dolichol-phosphate mannose (Dol-P-Man) serves as a donor of mannosyl residues on the lumenal side of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Lack of Dol-P-Man results in defective surface expression of GPI-anchored proteins. Dol-P-Man is synthesized from GDP-mannose and dolichol-phosphate on the cytosolic side of the ER by the enzyme dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase. The protein encoded by this gene is a subunit of dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase and acts as a stabilizer subunit of the dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase complex. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for DPM3 Gene
DPM3 (Dolichyl-Phosphate Mannosyltransferase Subunit 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DPM3 include congenital disorder of glycosylation, type io and bethlem myopathy 2. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification. GO annotations related to this gene include dolichyl-phosphate beta-D-mannosyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DPM3 Gene
Stabilizer subunit of the dolichol-phosphate mannose (DPM) synthase complex; tethers catalytic subunit DPM1 to the ER.