Aliases for DPM3 Gene
- Dolichyl-Phosphate Mannosyltransferase Subunit 3 2 3
- Dolichyl-Phosphate Mannosyltransferase Polypeptide 3 2 3 5
- Dolichyl-Phosphate Beta-D-Mannosyltransferase Subunit 3 3 4
- Dolichol-Phosphate Mannose Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
- Mannose-P-Dolichol Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
- DPM Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
- MPD Synthase Subunit 3 3 4
External Ids for DPM3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DPM3 Gene
Dolichol-phosphate mannose (Dol-P-Man) serves as a donor of mannosyl residues on the lumenal side of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Lack of Dol-P-Man results in defective surface expression of GPI-anchored proteins. Dol-P-Man is synthesized from GDP-mannose and dolichol-phosphate on the cytosolic side of the ER by the enzyme dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase. The protein encoded by this gene is a subunit of dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase and acts as a stabilizer subunit of the dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase complex. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for DPM3 Gene
DPM3 (Dolichyl-Phosphate Mannosyltransferase Subunit 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DPM3 include congenital disorder of glycosylation, type io and walker-warburg syndrome. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification. GO annotations related to this gene include dolichyl-phosphate beta-D-mannosyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DPM3 Gene
Stabilizer subunit of the dolichol-phosphate mannose (DPM) synthase complex; tethers catalytic subunit DPM1 to the ER.