Aliases for DMC1 Gene
- DNA Meiotic Recombinase 1 2 3 5
- DMC1H 3 4
- LIM15 3 4
- DMC1 (Dosage Suppressor Of Mck1, Yeast Homolog) Meiosis-Specific Homologous Recombination 2
- DMC1 Dosage Suppressor Of Mck1 Homolog, Meiosis-Specific Homologous Recombination (Yeast) 2
- DMC1 Dosage Suppressor Of Mck1 Homolog, Meiosis-Specific Homologous Recombination 3
- Disrupted Meiotic CDNA1, Yeast, Homolog Of 3
- DJ199H16.1 3
External Ids for DMC1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DMC1 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the superfamily of recombinases (also called DNA strand-exchange proteins). Recombinases are important for repairing double-strand DNA breaks during mitosis and meiosis. This protein, which is evolutionarily conserved, is reported to be essential for meiotic homologous recombination and may thus play an important role in generating diversity of genetic information. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, May 2013]
GeneCards Summary for DMC1 Gene
DMC1 (DNA Meiotic Recombinase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DMC1 include Amebiasis. Among its related pathways are Cell Cycle, Mitotic and Meiosis. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleotide binding and DNA-dependent ATPase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DMC1 Gene
May participate in meiotic recombination, specifically in homologous strand assimilation, which is required for the resolution of meiotic double-strand breaks.