Aliases for DCUN1D1 Gene
- Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1 Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- Defective In Cullin Neddylation Protein 1-Like Protein 1 3 4
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma-Related Oncogene 3 4
- DCUN1 Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- DCUN1L1 3 4
- SCCRO 3 4
- RP42 3 4
- DCN1, Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1, Domain Containing 1 (S. Cerevisiae) 2
External Ids for DCUN1D1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DCUN1D1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for DCUN1D1 Gene
DCUN1D1 (Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1 Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DCUN1D1 include Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of The Oral Tongue. An important paralog of this gene is DCUN1D2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DCUN1D1 Gene
Part of an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex for neddylation. Promotes neddylation of cullin components of E3 cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase complexes. Acts by binding to cullin-RBX1 complexes in the cytoplasm and promoting their nuclear translocation, enhancing recruitment of E2-NEDD8 (UBE2M-NEDD8) thioester to the complex, and optimizing the orientation of proteins in the complex to allow efficient transfer of NEDD8 from the E2 to the cullin substrates (PubMed:25349211). Involved in the release of inhibitory effets of CAND1 on cullin-RING ligase E3 complex assembly and activity. Acts also as an oncogene facilitating malignant transformation and carcinogenic progression (By similarity).