Aliases for CYP2D7 Gene
- Cytochrome P450, Family 2, Subfamily D, Polypeptide 7 (Gene/Pseudogene) 2 3
- Cytochrome P450, Subfamily IID (Debrisoquine, Sparteine, Etc., -Metabolizing) Cluster 2 3
- Cytochrome P450, Family 2, Subfamily D, Polypeptide 7 Pseudogene 1 2 3
- Cytochrome P450, Subfamily II (Debrisoquine, Sparteine, Etc., -Metabolising), Polypeptide 7 Pseudogene 1 3
- Cytochrome P450, Family 2, Subfamily D, Polypeptide 7, Pseudogene 3
- EC 22.214.171.124 4
- CYP2D7AP 3
External Ids for CYP2D7 Gene
Previous Symbols for CYP2D7 Gene
This pseudogene is a member of the cytochrome P450 gene superfamily. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases which catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids and other lipids. It is possible that, in rare cases, a combination of two SNPs in this gene may result in an open reading frame encoding a functional enzyme which metabolizes codeine to morphine. This locus is part of a cluster of cytochrome P450 genes on chromosome 22q13.1. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CYP2D7 Gene
CYP2D7 (Cytochrome P450, Family 2, Subfamily D, Polypeptide 7 (Gene/Pseudogene)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Codeine and Morphine Pathway, Pharmacokinetics.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CYP2D7 Gene
May be responsible for the metabolism of many drugs and environmental chemicals that it oxidizes. It may be involved in the metabolism of codeine to morphine (PubMed:15051713). However, another study could not confirm it (PubMed:18838503).