Aliases for CYBA Gene
- Cytochrome B-245 Alpha Chain 2 3 5
- Superoxide-Generating NADPH Oxidase Light Chain Subunit 3 4
- Neutrophil Cytochrome B 22 KDa Polypeptide 3 4
- Flavocytochrome B-558 Alpha Polypeptide 2 3
- Cytochrome B-245, Alpha Polypeptide 2 3
- Cytochrome B(558) Alpha Chain 3 4
- Cytochrome B558 Subunit Alpha 3 4
- P22 Phagocyte B-Cytochrome 3 4
External Ids for CYBA Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CYBA Gene
Cytochrome b is comprised of a light chain (alpha) and a heavy chain (beta). This gene encodes the light, alpha subunit which has been proposed as a primary component of the microbicidal oxidase system of phagocytes. Mutations in this gene are associated with autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease (CGD), that is characterized by the failure of activated phagocytes to generate superoxide, which is important for the microbicidal activity of these cells. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CYBA Gene
CYBA (Cytochrome B-245 Alpha Chain) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CYBA include Chronic Granulomatous Disease, Autosomal, Due To Deficiency Of Cyba and Chronic Granulomatous Disease. Among its related pathways are Toxoplasmosis and Innate Immune System. GO annotations related to this gene include protein heterodimerization activity and SH3 domain binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CYBA Gene
Critical component of the membrane-bound oxidase of phagocytes that generates superoxide. Associates with NOX3 to form a functional NADPH oxidase constitutively generating superoxide.