Aliases for CXCL6 Gene
- C-X-C Motif Chemokine Ligand 6 2 3 5
- Granulocyte Chemotactic Protein 2 2 3 4
- Small Inducible Cytokine Subfamily B (Cys-X-Cys), Member 6 (Granulocyte Chemotactic Protein 2) 2 3
- Chemokine (C-X-C Motif) Ligand 6 (Granulocyte Chemotactic Protein 2) 2 3
- Small-Inducible Cytokine B6 3 4
- Chemokine Alpha 3 3 4
- SCYB6 3 4
External Ids for CXCL6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for CXCL6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CXCL6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CXCL6 Gene
CXCL6 (C-X-C Motif Chemokine Ligand 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CXCL6 include Mastitis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Among its related pathways are Peptide ligand-binding receptors and Chemokine Superfamily Pathway: Human/Mouse Ligand-Receptor Interactions. GO annotations related to this gene include heparin binding and CXCR chemokine receptor binding. An important paralog of this gene is CXCL5.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CXCL6 Gene
Chemotactic for neutrophil granulocytes. Signals through binding and activation of its receptors (CXCR1 and CXCR2). In addition to its chemotactic and angiogenic properties, it has strong antibacterial activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria (90-fold-higher when compared to CXCL5 and CXCL7).