Aliases for CSTF3 Gene
- Cleavage Stimulation Factor Subunit 3 2 3
- Cleavage Stimulation Factor, 3 Pre-RNA, Subunit 3 2 3 5
- Cleavage Stimulation Factor, 3 Pre-RNA, Subunit 3, 77kD 2 3
- Cleavage Stimulation Factor 77 KDa Subunit 3 4
- CF-1 77 KDa Subunit 3 4
- CSTF 77 KDa Subunit 3 4
- CSTF-77 3 4
- Cleavage Stimulation Factor, 3 Pre-RNA, Subunit 3, 77kDa 3
External Ids for CSTF3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CSTF3 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is one of three (including CSTF1 and CSTF2) cleavage stimulation factors that combine to form the cleavage stimulation factor complex (CSTF). This complex is involved in the polyadenylation and 3' end cleavage of pre-mRNAs. The encoded protein functions as a homodimer and interacts directly with both CSTF1 and CSTF2 in the CSTF complex. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CSTF3 Gene
CSTF3 (Cleavage Stimulation Factor Subunit 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and mRNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CSTF3 Gene
One of the multiple factors required for polyadenylation and 3-end cleavage of mammalian pre-mRNAs.