Aliases for CPSF2 Gene
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2 2 3 5
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specificity Factor 100 KDa Subunit 3 4
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2, 100kDa 2 3
- CPSF 100 KDa Subunit 3 4
- CPSF100 3 4
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2, 100kD Subunit 2
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specificity Factor Subunit 2 3
- CPSF 100kDa Subunit 3
- KIAA1367 4
External Ids for CPSF2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CPSF2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CPSF2 Gene
CPSF2 (Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are mRNA surveillance pathway and Formation of HIV elongation complex in the absence of HIV Tat. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is CPSF3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CPSF2 Gene
Component of the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor (CPSF) complex that play a key role in pre-mRNA 3-end formation, recognizing the AAUAAA signal sequence and interacting with poly(A) polymerase and other factors to bring about cleavage and poly(A) addition. Involved in the histone 3 end pre-mRNA processing.