Aliases for COX18 Gene
- COX18, Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Factor 2 3 5
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Protein 18 3 4
- COX18HS 3 4
- COX18 Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog 18 (Yeast) 2
- Mitochondrial Inner Membrane Protein COX18 3
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog 18 3
- OXA1L2 4
External Ids for COX18 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for COX18 Gene
This gene encodes a cytochrome c oxidase assembly protein. The encoded protein is essential for integral membrane protein insertion into the mitochondrial inner membrane. It is also required for cytochrome c oxidase assembly and activity. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2014]
GeneCards Summary for COX18 Gene
COX18 (COX18, Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Factor) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Respiratory electron transport, ATP synthesis by chemiosmotic coupling, and heat production by uncoupling proteins. and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include protein transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is OXA1L.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for COX18 Gene
Required for the insertion of integral membrane proteins into the mitochondrial inner membrane. Essential for the activity and assembly of cytochrome c oxidase. Plays a central role in the translocation and export of the C-terminal part of the COX2 protein into the mitochondrial intermembrane space.