Aliases for COX18 Gene
- COX18 Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Factor 2 3
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Protein 18 3 4
- COX18HS 3 4
- COX18 Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog 18 (Yeast) 2
- Mitochondrial Inner Membrane Protein COX18 3
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog 18 3
- OXA1L2 4
External Ids for COX18 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for COX18 Gene
This gene encodes a cytochrome c oxidase assembly protein. The encoded protein is essential for integral membrane protein insertion into the mitochondrial inner membrane. It is also required for cytochrome c oxidase assembly and activity. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2014]
GeneCards Summary for COX18 Gene
COX18 (COX18 Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Factor) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with COX18 include isolated cytochrome c oxidase deficiency. GO annotations related to this gene include protein transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is OXA1L.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for COX18 Gene
Required for the insertion of integral membrane proteins into the mitochondrial inner membrane. Essential for the activity and assembly of cytochrome c oxidase. Plays a central role in the translocation and export of the C-terminal part of the COX2 protein into the mitochondrial intermembrane space.