Aliases for COPS7B Gene
- COP9 Signalosome Subunit 7B 2 3 5
- JAB1-Containing Signalosome Subunit 7b 3 4
- Signalosome Subunit 7b 3 4
- CSN7B 3 4
- SGN7b 3 4
- COP9 (Constitutive Photomorphogenic, Arabidopsis, Homolog) Subunit 7B 2
- COP9 Constitutive Photomorphogenic Homolog Subunit 7B (Arabidopsis) 2
- COP9 Constitutive Photomorphogenic Homolog Subunit 7B 3
- COP9 Signalosome Complex Subunit 7b 3
External Ids for COPS7B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for COPS7B Gene
GeneCards Summary for COPS7B Gene
COPS7B (COP9 Signalosome Subunit 7B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Vesicle-mediated transport and Transcription-Coupled Nucleotide Excision Repair (TC-NER). An important paralog of this gene is COPS7A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for COPS7B Gene
Component of the COP9 signalosome complex (CSN), a complex involved in various cellular and developmental processes. The CSN complex is an essential regulator of the ubiquitin (Ubl) conjugation pathway by mediating the deneddylation of the cullin subunits of SCF-type E3 ligase complexes, leading to decrease the Ubl ligase activity of SCF-type complexes such as SCF, CSA or DDB2. The complex is also involved in phosphorylation of p53/TP53, JUN, I-kappa-B-alpha/NFKBIA, ITPK1 and IRF8/ICSBP, possibly via its association with CK2 and PKD kinases. CSN-dependent phosphorylation of TP53 and JUN promotes and protects degradation by the Ubl system, respectively.