Aliases for COG2 Gene
- Component Of Oligomeric Golgi Complex 2 2 3 4 5
- Low Density Lipoprotein Receptor Defect C-Complementing Protein 3 4
- Low Density Lipoprotein Receptor Defect C Complementing 2 3
- COG Complex Subunit 2 3 4
- LDLC 3 4
- Brefeldin A-Sensitive, Peripheral Golgi Protein 3
- Conserved Oligomeric Golgi Complex Protein 2 3
External Ids for COG2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for COG2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for COG2 Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of the conserved oligomeric Golgi complex that is required for maintaining normal structure and activity of the Golgi complex. The encoded protein specifically interacts with the USO1 vesicle docking protein and may be necessary for normal Golgi ribbon formation and trafficking of Golgi enzymes. Mutations of this gene are associated with abnormal glycosylation within the Golgi apparatus. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants.[provided by RefSeq, Feb 2009]
GeneCards Summary for COG2 Gene
COG2 (Component Of Oligomeric Golgi Complex 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with COG2 include Cog2-Cdg and Lipid Metabolism Disorder. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Golgi-to-ER retrograde transport. GO annotations related to this gene include protein complex binding and protein transporter activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for COG2 Gene
Required for normal Golgi morphology and function.