Aliases for CHSY3 Gene
- Chondroitin Sulfate Synthase 3 2 3 5
- Glucuronosyl-N-Acetylgalactosaminyl-Proteoglycan 4-Beta-N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase II 3 4
- N-Acetylgalactosaminyl-Proteoglycan 3-Beta-Glucuronosyltransferase 3 3 4
- Chondroitin Glucuronyltransferase 3 3 4
- N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 3 3 4
- Carbohydrate Synthase 2 3 4
- ChSy-2 3 4
External Ids for CHSY3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CHSY3 Gene
CSS3 is a glycosyltransferase that has both glucuronyltransferase and N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activities (Yada et al., 2003 [PubMed 12907687]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CHSY3 Gene
CHSY3 (Chondroitin Sulfate Synthase 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Glycosaminoglycan metabolism and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring glycosyl groups and glucuronosyl-N-acetylgalactosaminyl-proteoglycan 4-beta-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is CHSY1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CHSY3 Gene
Has both beta-1,3-glucuronic acid and beta-1,4-N-acetylgalactosamine transferase activity. Transfers glucuronic acid (GlcUA) from UDP-GlcUA and N-acetylgalactosamine (GalNAc) from UDP-GalNAc to the non-reducing end of the elongating chondroitin polymer. Specific activity is much reduced compared to CHSY1.