Aliases for CHPF Gene
- Chondroitin Polymerizing Factor 2 3
- Glucuronosyl-N-Acetylgalactosaminyl-Proteoglycan 4-Beta-N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase II 3 4
- N-Acetylgalactosaminyl-Proteoglycan 3-Beta-Glucuronosyltransferase II 3 4
- Chondroitin Glucuronyltransferase 2 3 4
- N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 2 3 4
- Chondroitin-Polymerizing Factor 3 4
- CSS2 3 4
External Ids for CHPF Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CHPF Gene
GeneCards Summary for CHPF Gene
CHPF (Chondroitin Polymerizing Factor) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Glycosaminoglycan metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring glycosyl groups and glucuronosyl-N-acetylgalactosaminyl-proteoglycan 4-beta-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is B4GALNT4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CHPF Gene
Has both beta-1,3-glucuronic acid and beta-1,4-N-acetylgalactosamine transferase activity. Transfers glucuronic acid (GlcUA) from UDP-GlcUA and N-acetylgalactosamine (GalNAc) from UDP-GalNAc to the non-reducing end of the elongating chondroitin polymer. Isoform 2 may facilitate PARK2 transport into the mitochondria. In collaboration with PARK2, isoform 2 may enhance cell viability and protect cells from oxidative stress.