Aliases for CHCHD3 Gene
- Coiled-Coil-Helix-Coiled-Coil-Helix Domain Containing 3 2 3
- Mitochondrial Inner Membrane Organizing System 3 2 3
- MINOS3 3 4
- Coiled-Coil-Helix-Coiled-Coil-Helix Domain-Containing Protein 3, Mitochondrial 3
- Coiled-Coil-Helix-Coiled-Coil-Helix Domain-Containing Protein 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 22 3
External Ids for CHCHD3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CHCHD3 Gene
CHCHD3 (Coiled-Coil-Helix-Coiled-Coil-Helix Domain Containing 3) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include phosphatase binding and RNA polymerase II transcription regulatory region sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity involved in negative regulation of transcription. An important paralog of this gene is CHCHD6.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CHCHD3 Gene
Component of the MICOS complex, a large protein complex of the mitochondrial inner membrane that plays crucial roles in the maintenance of crista junctions, inner membrane architecture, and formation of contact sites to the outer membrane. Has also been shown to function as a transcription factor which binds to the BAG1 promoter and represses BAG1 transcription.