Aliases for CDKN3 Gene
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 3 2 3
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase-Interacting Protein 2 3 4
- CDK2-Associated Dual Specificity Phosphatase 2 3
- CDK2-Associated Dual-Specificity Phosphatase 3 4
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Interactor 1 3 4
- Kinase Associated Phosphatase 2 3
- Kinase-Associated Phosphatase 3 4
- CDI1 3 4
- CIP2 3 4
External Ids for CDKN3 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the dual specificity protein phosphatase family. It was identified as a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, and has been shown to interact with, and dephosphorylate CDK2 kinase, thus prevent the activation of CDK2 kinase. This gene was reported to be deleted, mutated, or overexpressed in several kinds of cancers. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CDKN3 Gene
CDKN3 (Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CDKN3 include hepatocellular carcinoma and bubonic plague. GO annotations related to this gene include protein tyrosine phosphatase activity and protein tyrosine/serine/threonine phosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CDKN3 Gene
May play a role in cell cycle regulation. Dual specificity phosphatase active toward substrates containing either phosphotyrosine or phosphoserine residues. Dephosphorylates CDK2 at Thr-160 in a cyclin-dependent manner.