Aliases for CDCA2 Gene
- Cell Division Cycle Associated 2 2 3
- Recruits PP1 Onto Mitotic Chromatin At Anaphase Protein 3 4
- Repo-Man 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1 [Gamma] (PPP1R3A) Binding Protein Repo-Man 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 81 3
- Cell Division Cycle-Associated Protein 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1 2
- Regulatory Subunit 81 2
- PPP1R81 3
External Ids for CDCA2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CDCA2 Gene
CDCA2 (Cell Division Cycle Associated 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CDCA2 include dermatophytosis.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CDCA2 Gene
Regulator of chromosome structure during mitosis required for condensin-depleted chromosomes to retain their compact architecture through anaphase. Acts by mediating the recruitment of phopsphatase PP1-gamma subunit (PPP1CC) to chromatin at anaphase and into the following interphase. At anaphase onset, its association with chromatin targets a pool of PPP1CC to dephosphorylate substrates.