Aliases for CD2BP2 Gene
- CD2 (Cytoplasmic Tail) Binding Protein 2 2 3
- CD2 Cytoplasmic Domain-Binding Protein 2 3 4
- U5 SnRNP 52K Protein 3 4
- U5-52K 3 4
- CD2 Antigen (Cytoplasmic Tail)-Binding Protein 2 2
- CD2 Antigen (Cytoplasmic Tail) Binding Protein 2 3
- CD2 Antigen Cytoplasmic Tail-Binding Protein 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 59 3
- CD2 Tail-Binding Protein 2 4
External Ids for CD2BP2 Gene
This gene encodes a bi-functional protein. In the cytoplasm, the encoded protein binds the cytoplasmic tail of human surface antigen CD2 via its C-terminal GYF domain, and regulate CD2-triggered T lymphocyte activation. In the nucleus, this protein is a component of the U5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex and is involved in RNA splicing. A pseudogene has been identified on chromosome 7. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants but their biological validity has not been determined. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CD2BP2 Gene
CD2BP2 (CD2 (Cytoplasmic Tail) Binding Protein 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CD2BP2 include contagious pustular dermatitis and lobular neoplasia. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include ribonucleoprotein complex binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CD2BP2 Gene
Involved in pre-mRNA splicing as component of the U5 snRNP complex that is involved in spliceosome assembly.