Aliases for CBR4 Gene
- Carbonyl Reductase 4 2 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 45C Member 1 3 4
- 3-Oxoacyl-[Acyl-Carrier-Protein] Reductase 3 4
- Quinone Reductase CBR4 3 4
- SDR45C1 3 4
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 45C, Member 1 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 45C 2
- Carbonyl Reductase Family Member 4 3
External Ids for CBR4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CBR4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CBR4 Gene
CBR4 (Carbonyl Reductase 4) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include quinone binding and NAD(P)H dehydrogenase (quinone) activity. An important paralog of this gene is DECR2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CBR4 Gene
The heteroteramer with HSD17B8 has NADH-dependent 3-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein reductase activity. May play a role in biosynthesis of fatty acids in mitochondria. The homotetramer may act as NADPH-dependent quinone reductase. Has broad substrate specificity and reduces 9,10-phenanthrenequinone, 1,4-benzoquinone and various other o-quinones and p-quinones (in vitro).