Aliases for CBR3 Gene
- Carbonyl Reductase 3 2 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 21C Member 2 3 4
- NADPH-Dependent Carbonyl Reductase 3 3 4
- EC 126.96.36.199 4 64
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 21C, Member 2 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 21C 2
- Epididymis Secretory Protein Li 25 3
- Carbonyl Reductase (NADPH) 3 3
External Ids for CBR3 Gene
Carbonyl reductase 3 catalyzes the reduction of a large number of biologically and pharmacologically active carbonyl compounds to their corresponding alcohols. The enzyme is classified as a monomeric NADPH-dependent oxidoreductase. CBR3 contains three exons spanning 11.2 kilobases and is closely linked to another carbonyl reductase gene - CBR1. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CBR3 Gene
CBR3 (Carbonyl Reductase 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CBR3 include keloids and lung cancer. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Doxorubicin Pathway (Cardiomyocyte Cell), Pharmacodynamics. GO annotations related to this gene include NADPH binding and 3-keto sterol reductase activity. An important paralog of this gene is CBR1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CBR3 Gene
Has low NADPH-dependent oxidoreductase activity towards 4-benzoylpyridine and menadione (in vitro).