Aliases for CBLL1 Gene
- Cbl Proto-Oncogene Like 1 2 3
- Cbl Proto-Oncogene-Like 1, E3 Ubiquitin Protein Ligase 2 3 5
- Cas-Br-M (Murine) Ecotropic Retroviral Transforming Sequence-Like 1 2 3
- Casitas B-Lineage Lymphoma-Transforming Sequence-Like Protein 1 3 4
- Cbl Proto-Oncogene Like 1, E3 Ubiquitin Protein Ligase 2 3
- RING Finger Protein 188 3 4
- C-Cbl-Like Protein 1 3 4
- RNF188 3 4
External Ids for CBLL1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CBLL1 Gene
This gene encodes an E3 ubiquitin-ligase for the E-cadherin complex and mediates its ubiquitination, endocytosis, and degradation in the lysosomes. The encoded protein contains a RING-finger domain and is also thought to have a role in control of cell proliferation. A related pseudogene has been identified on chromosome X. Alternative splicing results in a non-coding transcript variant. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011]
GeneCards Summary for CBLL1 Gene
CBLL1 (Cbl Proto-Oncogene Like 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Remodeling of Adherens Junctions. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and ligase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ZNF645.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CBLL1 Gene
Promotes ubiquitination of several tyrosine-phosphorylated Src substrates, including CDH1, CTTN and DOK1. Targets CDH1 for endocytosis and degradation (By similarity).