Aliases for CARMIL2 Gene
- Capping Protein Regulator And Myosin 1 Linker 2 2 3 4 5
- RGD Motif, Leucine Rich Repeats, Tropomodulin Domain And Proline-Rich Containing 2 3
- RGD, Leucine-Rich Repeat, Tropomodulin And Proline-Rich Containing Protein 2 3
- Leucine-Rich Repeat-Containing Protein 16C 3 4
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 16C 2 3
- F-Actin-Uncapping Protein RLTPR 3 4
External Ids for CARMIL2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for CARMIL2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CARMIL2 Gene
CARMIL2 (Capping Protein Regulator And Myosin 1 Linker 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CARMIL2 include Connective Tissue Benign Neoplasm. An important paralog of this gene is CARMIL3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CARMIL2 Gene
Cell membrane-cytoskeleton-associated protein that plays a role in the regulation of actin polymerization at the barbed end of actin filaments. Prevents F-actin heterodimeric capping protein (CP) activity at the leading edges of migrating cells, and hence generates uncapped barbed ends and enhances actin polymerization (PubMed:26466680). Plays a role in cell protrusion formations; involved in cell polarity, lamellipodial assembly, membrane ruffling and macropinosome formations (PubMed:19846667, PubMed:26578515, PubMed:26466680). Involved as well in cell migration and invadopodia formation during wound healing (PubMed:19846667, PubMed:26578515, PubMed:26466680).