Aliases for CARMIL1 Gene
- Capping Protein Regulator And Myosin 1 Linker 1 2 3
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 16A 2 3 5
- LRRC16A 3 4 5
- Capping Protein, Arp2/3 And Myosin-I Linker Homolog 1 3 4
- Capping Protein, Arp2/3 And Myosin-I Linker Protein 1 3 4
- Leucine-Rich Repeat-Containing Protein 16A 3 4
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 16 2 3
- CARMIL Homolog 3 4
- LRRC16 3 4
External Ids for CARMIL1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for CARMIL1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CARMIL1 Gene
CARMIL1 (Capping Protein Regulator And Myosin 1 Linker 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CARMIL1 include Acute Urate Nephropathy. Among its related pathways are Platelet activation, signaling and aggregation and Factors involved in megakaryocyte development and platelet production. An important paralog of this gene is CARMIL3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CARMIL1 Gene
Cell membrane-cytoskeleton-associated protein that plays a role in the regulation of actin polymerization at the barbed end of actin filaments. Prevents F-actin heterodimeric capping protein (CP) activity at the leading edges of migrating cells, and hence generates uncapped barbed ends and enhances actin polymerization, however, seems unable to nucleate filaments (PubMed:16054028). Plays a role in lamellipodial protrusion formations and cell migration (PubMed:19846667).