Aliases for CANT1 Gene
- Calcium Activated Nucleotidase 1 2 3
- Putative NF-Kappa-B-Activating Protein 107 3 4
- Putative MAPK-Activating Protein PM09 3 4
- Apyrase Homolog 3 4
- SCAN-1 3 4
- SHAPY 3 4
- Micromelic Dwarfism With Vertebral And Metaphyseal Abnormalities And Advanced Carpotarsal Ossification 3
- Ca2+-Dependent Endoplasmic Reticulum Nucleoside Diphosphatase 3
External Ids for CANT1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CANT1 Gene
This protein encoded by this gene belongs to the apyrase family. It functions as a calcium-dependent nucleotidase with a preference for UDP. Mutations in this gene are associated with Desbuquois dysplasia with hand anomalies. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been noted for this gene.[provided by RefSeq, Mar 2010]
GeneCards Summary for CANT1 Gene
CANT1 (Calcium Activated Nucleotidase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CANT1 include desbuquois dysplasia 1 and kniest dysplasia. Among its related pathways are Pyrimidine metabolism (KEGG) and TNF Signaling (sino). GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and pyrophosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CANT1 Gene
Calcium-dependent nucleotidase with a preference for UDP. The order of activity with different substrates is UDP > GDP > UTP > GTP. Has very low activity towards ADP and even lower activity towards ATP. Does not hydrolyze AMP and GMP. Involved in proteoglycan synthesis.