Aliases for C1QTNF12 Gene
- C1q And TNF Related 12 2 3 5
- Adipose-Derived Insulin-Sensitizing Factor 2 3 4
- Complement C1q Tumor Necrosis Factor-Related Protein 12 3 4
- C1q And Tumor Necrosis Factor Related Protein 12 2 3
- Family With Sequence Similarity 132 Member A 2 3
- C1q And TNF Related Protein 12 3 4
- C1q Domain Containing 2 2 3
- Adipolin 2 3
External Ids for C1QTNF12 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for C1QTNF12 Gene
GeneCards Summary for C1QTNF12 Gene
C1QTNF12 (C1q And TNF Related 12) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is ERFE.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for C1QTNF12 Gene
Insulin-sensitizing adipocyte-secreted protein (adipokine) that regulates glucose metabolism in liver and adipose tissue. Promotes glucose uptake in adipocytes and suppresses de novo glucose production in hepatocytes via the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. Administration lead to reduction of blood glucose. Able to attenuate inflammation in fat tissue.