Aliases for BECN1 Gene
- Beclin 1, Autophagy Related 2 3
- Beclin 1 (Coiled-Coil, Moesin-Like BCL2 Interacting Protein) 2 3
- Coiled-Coil Myosin-Like BCL2-Interacting Protein 3 4
- Beclin 1 (Coiled-Coil, Moesin-Like BCL2-Interacting Protein) 3
- ATG6 Autophagy Related 6 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- ATG6 Autophagy Related 6 Homolog 3
- Protein GT197 4
External Ids for BECN1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for BECN1 Gene
Beclin-1 participates in the regulation of autophagy and has an important role in development, tumorigenesis, and neurodegeneration (Zhong et al., 2009 [PubMed 19270693]).[supplied by OMIM, Jul 2010]
GeneCards Summary for BECN1 Gene
BECN1 (Beclin 1, Autophagy Related) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with BECN1 include hepatocellular carcinoma. Among its related pathways are Akt Signaling Pathway and Apoptosis and Autophagy.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for BECN1 Gene
Plays a central role in autophagy (PubMed:23184933). Required for the abcission step in cytokinesis (PubMed:20208530). Protects against infection by a neurovirulent strain of Sindbis virus (PubMed:9765397). May play a role in antiviral host defense.