Aliases for BDP1 Gene
- B Double Prime 1, Subunit Of RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation Factor IIIB 2 3
- TFNR 3 4 6
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase III, GTF3B Subunit 1 2 3
- Transcription Factor-Like Nuclear Regulator 3 4
- Transcription Factor IIIB 150 3 4
- TFIIIB150 3 4
- RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation Factor B 3
- Transcription Factor TFIIIB Component B Homolog 3
External Ids for BDP1 Gene
Previous Symbols for BDP1 Gene
The product of this gene is a subunit of the TFIIIB transcription initiation complex, which recruits RNA polymerase III to target promoters in order to initiate transcription. The encoded protein localizes to concentrated aggregates in the nucleus, and is required for transcription from all three types of polymerase III promoters. It is phosphorylated by casein kinase II during mitosis, resulting in its release from chromatin and suppression of polymerase III transcription. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for BDP1 Gene
BDP1 (B Double Prime 1, Subunit Of RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation Factor IIIB) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation. GO annotations related to this gene include chromatin binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for BDP1 Gene
General activator of RNA polymerase III transcription. Requires for transcription from all three types of polymerase III promoters. Requires for transcription of genes with internal promoter elements and with promoter elements upstream of the initiation site.