Aliases for B4GALNT2 Gene
- Beta-1,4-N-Acetyl-Galactosaminyltransferase 2 2 3
- UDP-GalNAc:Neu5Acalpha2-3Galbeta-R Beta1,4-N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 2 3
- UDP-GalNAc:Neu5Aca2-3Galb-R B1,4-N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 3 4
- Beta-1,4-N-Acetyl-Galactosaminyl Transferase 2 3 5
- Sd(A) Beta-1,4-GalNAc Transferase 3 4
- GALGT2 3 4
- Beta 1,4 N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase/Betal,4 GalNAcT/Sda-GalNAcT 3
External Ids for B4GALNT2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for B4GALNT2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for B4GALNT2 Gene
B4GALNT2 catalyzes the last step in the biosynthesis of the human Sd(a) antigen through the addition of an N-acetylgalactosamine residue via a beta-1,4 linkage to a subterminal galactose residue substituted with an alpha-2,3-linked sialic acid. B4GALNT2 also catalyzes the last step in the biosynthesis of the Cad antigen (Montiel et al., 2003 [PubMed 12678917]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for B4GALNT2 Gene
B4GALNT2 (Beta-1,4-N-Acetyl-Galactosaminyltransferase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with B4GALNT2 include Diffuse Interstitial Keratitis and Phaeohyphomycosis. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring hexosyl groups and acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is B4GALNT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for B4GALNT2 Gene
Involved in the synthesis of the Sd(a) antigen (Sia-alpha2,3-[GalNAc-beta1,4]Gal-beta1,4-GlcNAc), a carbohydrate determinant expressed on erythrocytes, the colonic mucosa and other tissues. Transfers a beta-1,4-linked GalNAc to the galactose residue of an alpha-2,3-sialylated chain.