Aliases for ATP4B Gene
- ATPase, H+/K+ Exchanging, Beta Polypeptide 2 3
- Gastric H(+)/K(+) ATPase Subunit Beta 3 4
- Proton Pump Beta Chain 3 4
- ATPase, H+/K+ Transporting, Beta Polypeptide 3
- Potassium-Transporting ATPase Subunit Beta 3
- Potassium-Transporting ATPase Beta Chain 3
- Gastric Hydrogen-Potassium ATPase, Beta 3
- Gastric H+/K+ ATPase Beta Subunit 3
- ATP6B 3
External Ids for ATP4B Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to a family of P-type cation-transporting ATPases. The gastric H+, K+-ATPase is a heterodimer consisting of a high molecular weight catalytic alpha subunit and a smaller but heavily glycosylated beta subunit. This enzyme is a proton pump that catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the exchange of H(+) and K(+) ions across the plasma membrane. It is also responsible for gastric acid secretion. This gene encodes the beta subunit of the gastric H+, K+-ATPase. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for ATP4B Gene
ATP4B (ATPase, H+/K+ Exchanging, Beta Polypeptide) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Ion channel transport and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include hydrogen:potassium-exchanging ATPase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ATP1B3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ATP4B Gene
Required for stabilization and maturation of the catalytic proton pump alpha subunit and may also involved in cell adhesion and establishing epithelial cell polarity.