Aliases for ARPC3 Gene
- Actin Related Protein 2/3 Complex Subunit 3 2 3 5
- Actin Related Protein 2/3 Complex Subunit 3, 21kDa 2 3
- Arp2/3 Complex 21 KDa Subunit 3 4
- P21-Arc 3 4
- ARC21 3 4
- Actin Related Protein 2/3 Complex, Subunit 3 (21 KD) 2
- Actin Related Protein 2/3 Complex, Subunit 3, 21kDa 3
- ARP2/3 Protein Complex Subunit P21 3
External Ids for ARPC3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ARPC3 Gene
This gene encodes one of seven subunits of the human Arp2/3 protein complex. The Arp2/3 protein complex has been conserved through evolution and is implicated in the control of actin polymerization in cells. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2013]
GeneCards Summary for ARPC3 Gene
ARPC3 (Actin Related Protein 2/3 Complex Subunit 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Signaling by Rho GTPases. GO annotations related to this gene include actin filament binding and structural constituent of cytoskeleton.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ARPC3 Gene
Functions as component of the Arp2/3 complex which is involved in regulation of actin polymerization and together with an activating nucleation-promoting factor (NPF) mediates the formation of branched actin networks.