Aliases for ARL6IP1 Gene
- ADP Ribosylation Factor Like GTPase 6 Interacting Protein 1 2 3 5
- ADP-Ribosylation Factor-Like 6 Interacting Protein 1 2 3
- ARL-6-Interacting Protein 1 3 4
- ARL6IP 3 4
- AIP-1 3 4
- Apoptotic Regulator In The Membrane Of The Endoplasmic Reticulum 3
- ADP-Ribosylation Factor Like GTPase 6 Interacting Protein 1 3
External Ids for ARL6IP1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ARL6IP1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ARL6IP1 Gene
This gene belongs to the ARL6ip family and encodes a transmembrane protein that is predominantly localized to intracytoplasmic membranes. It is highly expressed in early myeloid progenitor cells and thought to be involved in protein transport, membrane trafficking, or cell signaling during hematopoietic maturation. Mutations in this gene are associated with spastic paraplegia 61 (SPG61). Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2015]
GeneCards Summary for ARL6IP1 Gene
ARL6IP1 (ADP Ribosylation Factor Like GTPase 6 Interacting Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ARL6IP1 include spastic paraplegia 61, autosomal recessive and spastic paraplegia 61. An important paralog of this gene is ENSG00000260342.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ARL6IP1 Gene
May be involved in protein transport, membrane trafficking, or cell signaling during hematopoietic maturation.