Aliases for APOBEC2 Gene
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3 5
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme, Catalytic Polypeptide-Like 2 2 3
- MRNA(Cytosine(6666)) Deaminase 2 3 4
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme, Catalytic Polypeptide 2 3
- Probable C->U-Editing Enzyme APOBEC-2 3
- C->U-Editing Enzyme APOBEC-2 3
External Ids for APOBEC2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for APOBEC2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for APOBEC2 Gene
APOBEC2 (Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Formation of the Editosome. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include RNA binding and cytidine deaminase activity. An important paralog of this gene is APOBEC3F.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for APOBEC2 Gene
Probable C to U editing enzyme whose physiological substrate is not yet known. Does not display detectable apoB mRNA editing. Has a low intrinsic cytidine deaminase activity. May play a role in the epigenetic regulation of gene expression through the process of active DNA demethylation.