Aliases for APOBEC2 Gene
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3 5
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme, Catalytic Polypeptide-Like 2 2 3
- MRNA(Cytosine(6666)) Deaminase 2 3 4
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme, Catalytic Polypeptide 2 3
- Probable C->U-Editing Enzyme APOBEC-2 3
- C->U-Editing Enzyme APOBEC-2 3
External Ids for APOBEC2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for APOBEC2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for APOBEC2 Gene
APOBEC2 (Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are mRNA Editing- C to U Conversion and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA binding and cytidine deaminase activity. An important paralog of this gene is APOBEC3B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for APOBEC2 Gene
Probable C to U editing enzyme whose physiological substrate is not yet known. Does not display detectable apoB mRNA editing. Has a low intrinsic cytidine deaminase activity. May play a role in the epigenetic regulation of gene expression through the process of active DNA demethylation.