Aliases for AP1S3 Gene
- Adaptor Related Protein Complex 1 Sigma 3 Subunit 2 3 5
- Clathrin Assembly Protein Complex 1 Sigma-1C Small Chain 3 4
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1 Subunit Sigma-1C 3 4
- Golgi Adaptor HA1/AP1 Adaptin Sigma-1C Subunit 3 4
- Sigma 1C Subunit Of AP-1 Clathrin 3 4
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1, Sigma 3 Subunit 2
- Adapter-Related Protein Complex 1 Subunit Sigma-1C 3
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1 Sigma 3 Subunit 2
External Ids for AP1S3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for AP1S3 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the adaptor-related protein complex 1, sigma subunit genes. The encoded protein is a component of adaptor protein complex 1 (AP-1), one of the AP complexes involved in claathrin-mediated vesicular transport from the Golgi or endosomes. Disruption of the pathway for display of HIV-1 antigens, which prevents recognition of the virus by cytotoxic T cells, has been shown to involve the AP-1 complex (PMID: 15569716). Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2014]
GeneCards Summary for AP1S3 Gene
AP1S3 (Adaptor Related Protein Complex 1 Sigma 3 Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with AP1S3 include Psoriasis 15, Pustular and Acrodermatitis Continua Suppurativa Of Hallopeau. Among its related pathways are CTLA4 Signaling and Clathrin derived vesicle budding. GO annotations related to this gene include protein transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is AP1S2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AP1S3 Gene
Subunit of clathrin-associated adaptor protein complex 1 that plays a role in protein sorting in the late-Golgi/trans-Golgi network (TGN) and/or endosomes. The AP complexes mediate both the recruitment of clathrin to membranes and the recognition of sorting signals within the cytosolic tails of transmembrane cargo molecules. Involved in TLR3 trafficking (PubMed:24791904).