Aliases for AP1S3 Gene
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1, Sigma 3 Subunit 2 3
- Clathrin Assembly Protein Complex 1 Sigma-1C Small Chain 3 4
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1 Subunit Sigma-1C 3 4
- Golgi Adaptor HA1/AP1 Adaptin Sigma-1C Subunit 3 4
- Sigma 1C Subunit Of AP-1 Clathrin 3 4
- Adapter-Related Protein Complex 1 Subunit Sigma-1C 3
- Adaptor Protein Complex AP-1 Sigma-1C Subunit 3
External Ids for AP1S3 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the adaptor-related protein complex 1, sigma subunit genes. The encoded protein is a component of adaptor protein complex 1 (AP-1), one of the AP complexes involved in claathrin-mediated vesicular transport from the Golgi or endosomes. Disruption of the pathway for display of HIV-1 antigens, which prevents recognition of the virus by cytotoxic T cells, has been shown to involve the AP-1 complex (PMID: 15569716). Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2014]
GeneCards Summary for AP1S3 Gene
AP1S3 (Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1, Sigma 3 Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with AP1S3 include psoriasis 15, pustular and psoriasis 14, pustular. Among its related pathways are Disease and Class I MHC mediated antigen processing and presentation. GO annotations related to this gene include protein transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is AP1S2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AP1S3 Gene
Subunit of clathrin-associated adaptor protein complex 1 that plays a role in protein sorting in the late-Golgi/trans-Golgi network (TGN) and/or endosomes. The AP complexes mediate both the recruitment of clathrin to membranes and the recognition of sorting signals within the cytosolic tails of transmembrane cargo molecules. Involved in TLR3 trafficking (PubMed:24791904).