Aliases for ALG6 Gene
- ALG6, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase 2 3 5
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 6 Homolog (Yeast, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) 2 3
- Dolichyl-P-Glc:Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dolichol Alpha- 1->3-Glucosyltransferase 2 3
- Dol-P-Glc:Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dol Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase 3 4
- Dolichyl-P-Glc:Man9GlcNAc2-PP-Dolichyl Glucosyltransferase 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation Protein 6 Homolog 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 6, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 6 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) 3
External Ids for ALG6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ALG6 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the ALG6/ALG8 glucosyltransferase family. The encoded protein catalyzes the addition of the first glucose residue to the growing lipid-linked oligosaccharide precursor of N-linked glycosylation. Mutations in this gene are associated with congenital disorders of glycosylation type Ic. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for ALG6 Gene
ALG6 (ALG6, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ALG6 include congenital disorder of glycosylation, type ic and alg6-congenital disorder of glycosylation. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and N-Glycan biosynthesis. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring hexosyl groups and glucosyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ALG6 Gene
Adds the first glucose residue to the lipid-linked oligosaccharide precursor for N-linked glycosylation. Transfers glucose from dolichyl phosphate glucose (Dol-P-Glc) onto the lipid-linked oligosaccharide Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dol.