Aliases for ALG13 Gene
- ALG13, UDP-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase Subunit 2 3 5
- N-Acetylglucosaminyldiphosphodolichol N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 2 3
- UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine Transferase Subunit ALG13 Homolog 3 4
- Glycosyltransferase 28 Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 13 Homolog 3 4
- Tudor Domain Containing 13 2 3
- CXorf45 3 4
- GLT28D1 3 4
- Putative Bifunctional UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine Transferase And Deubiquitinase ALG13 3
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 13 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Protein MDS031 3
External Ids for ALG13 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ALG13 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ALG13 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a subunit of a bipartite UDP-N-acetylglucosamine transferase. It heterodimerizes with asparagine-linked glycosylation 14 homolog to form a functional UDP-GlcNAc glycosyltransferase that catalyzes the second sugar addition of the highly conserved oligosaccharide precursor in endoplasmic reticulum N-linked glycosylation. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009]
GeneCards Summary for ALG13 Gene
ALG13 (ALG13, UDP-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ALG13 include Congenital Disorder Of Glycosylation, Type Ie and Non-Syndromic X-Linked Intellectual Disability. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and N-Glycan biosynthesis. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and cysteine-type peptidase activity. An important paralog of this gene is OTUD4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ALG13 Gene
Isoform 1: Possible multifunctional enzyme with both glycosyltransferase and deubiquitinase activities.
Isoform 2: May be involved in protein N-glycosylation, second step of the dolichol-linked oligosaccharide pathway.