Aliases for ALG13 Gene
- ALG13, UDP-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase Subunit 2 3 5
- N-Acetylglucosaminyldiphosphodolichol N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 2 3
- UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine Transferase Subunit ALG13 Homolog 3 4
- Glycosyltransferase 28 Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 13 Homolog 3 4
- Tudor Domain Containing 13 2 3
- CXorf45 3 4
- GLT28D1 3 4
- Putative Bifunctional UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine Transferase And Deubiquitinase ALG13 3
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 13 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Protein MDS031 3
External Ids for ALG13 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ALG13 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ALG13 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a subunit of a bipartite UDP-N-acetylglucosamine transferase. It heterodimerizes with asparagine-linked glycosylation 14 homolog to form a functional UDP-GlcNAc glycosyltransferase that catalyzes the second sugar addition of the highly conserved oligosaccharide precursor in endoplasmic reticulum N-linked glycosylation. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009]
GeneCards Summary for ALG13 Gene
ALG13 (ALG13, UDP-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ALG13 include Congenital Disorder Of Glycosylation, Type Ie and Epileptic Encephalopathy, Early Infantile, 36. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Metabolism of proteins. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and cysteine-type peptidase activity. An important paralog of this gene is OTUD4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ALG13 Gene
Isoform 1: Possible multifunctional enzyme with both glycosyltransferase and deubiquitinase activities.
Isoform 2: May be involved in protein N-glycosylation, second step of the dolichol-linked oligosaccharide pathway.