Aliases for ALG11 Gene
- ALG11, Alpha-1,2-Mannosyltransferase 2 3 5
- GDP-Man:Man(3)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dolichol Alpha-1,2-Mannosyltransferase 2 3
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation Protein 11 Homolog 3 4
- Glycolipid 2-Alpha-Mannosyltransferase 3 4
- GT8 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 11 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae, Alpha-1,2-Mannosyltransferase) 2
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 11, Alpha-1,2-Mannosyltransferase Homolog (Yeast) 2
External Ids for ALG11 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ALG11 Gene
This gene encodes a GDP-Man:Man3GlcNAc2-PP-dolichol-alpha1,2-mannosyltransferase which is localized to the cytosolic side of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and catalyzes the transfer of the fourth and fifth mannose residue from GDP-mannose (GDP-Man) to Man3GlcNAc2-PP-dolichol and Man4GlcNAc2-PP-dolichol resulting in the production of Man5GlcNAc2-PP-dolichol. Mutations in this gene are associated with congenital disorder of glycosylation type Ip (CDGIP). This gene overlaps but is distinct from the UTP14, U3 small nucleolar ribonucleoprotein, homolog C (yeast) gene. A pseudogene of the GDP-Man:Man3GlcNAc2-PP-dolichol-alpha1,2-mannosyltransferase has been identified on chromosome 19. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2010]
GeneCards Summary for ALG11 Gene
ALG11 (ALG11, Alpha-1,2-Mannosyltransferase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ALG11 include Congenital Disorder Of Glycosylation, Type Ip. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include GDP-Man:Man3GlcNAc2-PP-Dol alpha-1,2-mannosyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ALG11 Gene
Mannosyltransferase involved in the last steps of the synthesis of Man5GlcNAc(2)-PP-dolichol core oligosaccharide on the cytoplasmic face of the endoplasmic reticulum. Catalyzes the addition of the 4th and 5th mannose residues to the dolichol-linked oligosaccharide chain.