Aliases for AGPAT6 Gene
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 6 2 3 4
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 6 (Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase, Zeta) 2 3
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase Zeta 3 4
- 1-AGP Acyltransferase 6 3 4
- EC 188.8.131.52 4 64
- LPAAT-Zeta 3 4
- 1-AGPAT 6 3 4
- LPAATZ 3 6
- 1-Acyl-Sn-Glycerol-3-Phosphate Acyltransferase Zeta 3
External Ids for AGPAT6 Gene
Lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferases (EC 184.108.40.206) catalyze the conversion of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) to phosphatidic acid (PA). LPA and PA are involved in signal transduction and lipid biosynthesis.[supplied by OMIM, Apr 2004]
GeneCards Summary for AGPAT6 Gene
AGPAT6 (1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase activity and glycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is AGPAT9.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AGPAT6 Gene
Esterifies acyl-group from acyl-ACP to the sn-1 position of glycerol-3-phosphate, an essential step in glycerolipid biosynthesis. Active against both saturated and unsaturated long-chain fatty acyl-CoAs.